Dear Americas Coaching Supervision Network colleagues;
A heartfelt thanks to Fiona Adamson for leading such a short yet impactful group supervision demonstration….a real demonstration on the power of exploring metaphors. Our next Americas Coaching Supervision Network gathering is on Monday, May 13, 2019 at our usual time of 8:00 am Pacific Time Zone Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/4201095660
The topic: Supervising Team Coaching with Professor Peter Hawkins
Team coaching is the fastest growing form of coaching and there is a global shortage of supervisors who are experienced in supervising this complex form of work.
Supervising team coaching has its own particular challenges including:
- The team coach is often overwhelmed by the amount of data and then, in turn, overwhelms the supervisor with the data.
- Often team coaches will work in partnership with a co-coach, an internal H.R. specialist or the team leader and the supervision needs to attend to the partnership.
- Systemic team coaching integrates coaching, team development, and organizational development approaches.
- There are more boundary issues that need attending to.
Peter Hawkins will share a little about different forms of team coaching and systemic team coaching and then experientially present his model of team coaching supervision, and give those attending an opportunity to apply it to a team they coach, lead or are a member of. There will also be time for questions and answers.
Professor Peter Hawkins is a global thought leader, author, trainer and researcher in Systemic Team Coaching, Coaching and Coach Supervision. He has been coaching teams and supervising for 40 years and has worked in over 50 countries.
His books “Leadership Team Coaching: Developing transformational collective leadership” and “Leadership Team Coaching in Practice” are international bestsellers and his book with Nick Smith on “Coaching, Mentoring, and Organizational Consultancy: Supervision and Development” was the pioneering book on Coach Supervision in 2006. To read, see and hear more about Peter’s work, go to www.renewalassociates.co.uk.
** Please note that you do not need to register for the webinar or let us know if you are attending; you are welcome to just show up in the ZOOM room at the appropriate time: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/4201095660 And we suggest that you have a microphone and web camera in order to fully participate.
When recordings are available, they will be automatically posted on the website…please allow 2 weeks for this to happen, as we are running on volunteer time.
**Mark your calendars for additional 2019 sessions (mostly the sessions will be 60 minutes long, beginning at 8:00 Pacific unless otherwise noted). By request of guest speaker, a session may be extended to 75 or 90 minutes:
- June – no webinar as it’s our 2nd Annual Conference in Montreal June 13/14
- July 15 @ 8 am Debriefing the learnings from the June Conference
- August 12 @ 8 am – Shame and Vulnerability in SuperVision (the work of Dr. Brenee Brown) – Laurie Hillis
- September 16 @ 8 am – Resistance to Coaching Supervision with Lily Seto and Damian Goldvarg
- October 14 @ 8 am – Dr. Terry Hildenbrandt, Marketing Coaching Supervision Services
- November 18 @ 8 am – Ethics in Supervision with Kees de Vries.
- December 16 @ 8 am – seasonal break – no webinar