As coaching supervisors, we may ask our clients to move out of their heads and tune into their senses. The body, heart and gut are great sources of data and somatics is an increasingly popular aspect of Coaching and Supervision. While well intentioned, somatic work can also come with some unintended consequences: What happens if a supervisee is struggling with trauma and can’t feel their body? Or if paying attention to their body triggers unintended dysregulation and pain? In this interactive session, we will examine how to safely offer body-based practices to clients who are struggling with trauma, as well as tips about recognizing trauma, responding to it skilfully with your Supervisees, and actively avoiding re-traumatization in your work.
Larissa is a Coach, Supervisor, and Learning and Development professional whose curiosity and inner work has taken her into the exploration of trauma. She is a PCC Certified Coach and holds the EMCC Practitioner Level. Larissa has lived and worked overseas for well over a decade and is a self-proclaimed “learning junkie”. She currently lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Please note that you do not need to register for the webinar or let us know if you are attending; you are welcome to just show up in the ZOOM room at 8:00 am: https://zoom.us/j/4201095660. We suggest that you have a microphone and web camera in order to fully participate.
**Mark your calendars for additional 2019 sessions (mostly the sessions will be 60 minutes long, beginning at 8:00 Pacific unless otherwise noted).
- October 14 @ 8 am – Marketing Coaching Supervision- Terry Hildebrandt
- November 18 @ 8 am – Ethical Issues in Coaching Supervision – Kees de Vries
- December 16 @ 8 am – Resistance to Supervision- Lily Seto and Damian Goldvarg
Please check out our ACSN website where you will find past recordings as well as other useful information…. https://americassupervisionnetwork.com/
Other points to note:
- The Coaching Supervision registry is now ready. If you are interested in having your profile on the Americans Coaching Supervision Network website and you have completed your supervision training, please enrol directly on the website. It costs $50 US per year.
- Our next Americas Coaching Supervision Conference will be held in Mexico City on May 7 and 8, 2020 and you may want to save those dates in your calendar. We have located a venue and have signed the contracts. We are also considering a potential one day pre or post conference workshop…and heads up, we are excited to share that Professor Peter Hawkins has accepted our invitation to be one of our keynote speakers!
we have started an Americas Coaching Supervision Network group on Linked In. This is a space for us to connect, share information and research, and provide further information on the conference as they develop. Some folks asked to be connected to the network for interactions, so Linked In provides that opportunity. Look for: Americas Coaching Supervision Network and ask to join: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12272905/
Asian Supervision Network,
I would like to join the Asian Supervision Network, the sessions take place the last Tuesday of the month at 8.00 PM PST in North America, Wednesdays morning Asia. Contact Damian if you want to be added to the mailing list. Next webinar is on Tuesday September 24 at 8:00 pm Pacific and morning of September 25 in Asia